Calypso Continuing Education™ courses provide questions designed to test the student’s mastery of the learning objectives and reinforce the student/learners retention. To ensure students understand the important information supplied during the courses, quizzes are administered at the end of each chapter and an exam at the end of the course.* All of the quizzes and exam are designed to meet the following criteria:
- The conditional quizzes at the end of most chapters prevent the student from moving forward to the next chapter until they have demonstrated sufficient mastery of the subject;
- The quizzes and exam contain a sufficient number of questions with a revolving pool of questions that are designed to test the student’s mastery of the subject matter and reinforce the learning process;
- All questions both individually and collectively, test at a difficulty level appropriate to measure student achievement of the stated course learning objectives;
- Successful completion of the examination(s) requires the student to answer a minimum of 70% of the questions correctly;
- Examination questions are written in a clear and unambiguous manner; and,
- The examinations are not proctored, but appraisers are required to complete an affidavit attesting they are the individuals accessing the course and completing all quizzes and exams.
* In those states where an exam is not required for accreditation, the exams have been disabled.